welcome to my archives! these posts are what used to be on my blog just me. they are now here and something else is there.
visit just me to see what's there now in the place of where these used to be...

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

the freshman chronicles: one week in

i didn't mean to complain this early on but...

for this summer semester i'm taking 12 credits (or 4 classes. which ever way you want to look at it...) and i already, after only my second day, have mixed feelings about school.
you see, i've never done well in school. elementary school i did fine until about 3rd grade. then, after moving twice and attending 3 different schools, my academics started to take a turn for the worse. 6th grade it got incredibly bad and by middle school i was feeling pretty hopeless about myself and this whole fad people called school. i did end up graduating from high school (after long agonizing hours of lots and lots make-up work) and somehow i pulled through hair school as well. but naturally after all that, i vowed that i. was. done.
but guess what? i was wrong. last year i started getting the urge to go to school again. since i finally figured out what i wanted to do with my life i thought it'd be a good idea to do so.
only now, here i am and i'm wondering if i was right.
the thing is, i love my classes. they're all really interesting and i get excited hearing things that will help my future out. but the fact that i have to show up at 8:45am (again, early for me) three days a week (mon, wed, and fri) and turn in assignments and take tests and yadda, yadda, yadda is what gets me. i feel like its controlling my life. taking away my freedom to sleep in or hang out with my friends or whatever else it is i would choose to do. obviously i lack the discipline needed for a college student. but with school and homework and then a job on top of that, i'm wondering when i'll get time to be me...
i guess a change of attitude is in order. i know that what i'm learning will help make me a better person not only in my line of profession but in my personal life as well. so why can't i just shut up and be grateful?

2 comments:

  1. I get what you mean, I signed up to go back to school in the fall and I'm already so busy now I don't even know where school will fit in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know what you mean about you feeling like you have no "me time". i struggle with that a lot!! good luck!

    ReplyDelete